NOW is the time to take action for participation in the forthcoming RSCMNZ combined Australia and NZ Summer School 2018.
Australasian Summer School – 2018
‘Singing in the City of Sails’
9th-16th January 2018
Director: Andrew Lumsden
Organist & Master of the Choristers, Winchester Cathedral, UK.
The Summer School will be based at Dilworth School, Epsom and Holy Trinity Cathedral, Parnell. Hotel/motel accommodation will be in facilities directly opposite Dilworth School. Special features of the programme will include the magnificent new cathedral organ, the restored St Mary’s organ (by an Australian builder) and an all day trip to beautiful Waiheke Island in the Hauraki Gulf.
Workshops and activities include:
- Remembering Vaughan Williams (60th anniversary of his death)
- Vaughan Williams contemporaries
- Lectures on Vaughan Williams – his life – and the carol
- Music by New Zealand composer in residence
- How to get the best out of your choir
- How to care for your voice
- How to work with children’s voices
- How to make the best of your resources
- What makes a good hymn?
- Organ/harpsichord tuition
- VFL coaching and examination
- Two major services
- Major public concert
- Visits to two historic Auckland Churches
- Visit to the Maritime Museum including harbour trip
- All day excursion to Waiheke Island
- Informal concerts and forums
- Bar and recreation facilities
Check the RSCM New Zealand website for updates!
Full information and online application form is now available here.
Apply before the 31 October to obtain the Early Bird discount on registration fees!