NSW Chair, Ross Cobb, writes in the NSW newsletter Newsclef (July 2018):
Running from July 6-14 2019, and assembled from across Australia and New Zealand, our celebration of all things wonderful in church music will be led by:
- our old friend, the inspiring Dr David Hill, Director of London’s Bach Choir and Yale University’s Schola Cantorum;
- London’s pre-eminent church musician, Professor Noel Tredinnick from the Guildhall School of Music;
- Dr Stephen Cleobury, Director of the Choir of King’s College Cambridge;
- Anne Marsden Thomas, director of the Royal College of Organists’ training programme;
- St Eustache Paris’ Maître Thomas Ospital,
with many other experts from round the world, and with the National Youth Choir of Australia (NYCA) as ensemble-in-residence.
All participants will sing in the performance of Bach’s immortal ‘St Matthew Passion’…conducted by Dr David Hill.
Throughout the week, lecture-demonstrations, services, seminars, recitals, ‘flash choirs’, workshops, and concerts will be held in our finest churches and Cathedrals. Come and sing Evensongs with King’s College Cambridge’s Stephen Cleobury.”
Exciting stuff, indeed! Stay tuned for more information. RSCM members can read more in the Newsclef magazine, linked in the Members page.