|Welcome to the website of the Royal School of Church Music (RSCM) Australia.
We are an interdenominational educational organisation for church musicians.
Our members are church choirs, choristers, clergy, organists and other musicians.
This site contains information about:
RSCM Australia is part of the worldwide network of the RSCM, and we have particularly close links and co-operation with our colleagues in RSCM New Zealand.
RSCM Queensland is proud to be hosting a weekend of fine sacred music featuring some of Australia’s finest choirs. The choir of St Andrew’s Cathedral, Sydney and St Francis, Melbourne unite with the cathedral choirs of St John’s and St Stephen’s, Brisbane to present an afternoon of music from Handel to the present day.
The concert takes place at 3pm on Sunday, 30 September 2018 at the Cathedral of St Stephen (249 Elizabeth Street, Brisbane), with parking available in the Cathedral Carpark accessed via Charlotte Street. Tickets are just $20, available via trybooking (https://www.trybooking.com/book/event?eid=405738&) or at the door, with proceeds going to the Ralph Morton Memorial Fund.
The concert is to celebrate the launch of RSCM’s Ralph Morton Memorial Fund, which has been established to help encourage young church musicians to further pursue training and experiences in church music. Ralph was the long-term President of both RSCM Queensland and RSCM Australia, and the fund seeks to continue Ralph’s wonderful work into the future.
As part of the weekend, both St Andrew’s and St Francis will perform their own concerts:
- St Francis at 2pm on Saturday, 29 September at the Cathedral of St Stephen; and
- St Andrew’s at 4pm on Saturday, 29 September at St John’s Cathedral (373 Ann Street, Brisbane).
Admission for both these concerts is just $20, again with proceeds going to the Ralph Morton Memorial Fund. Hold onto your programme to be admitted to the second concert free of charge.
Don’t miss the opportunity of hearing this national collaboration for a great cause.
- News of RSCM Winter School, Sydney, 2019
- Calling Queensland organists of all abilities: Organ workshops kick off soon!
- Position Vacant: Director of Music, Christ Church St Lawrence
- Position Vacant: Organist, West Epping Uniting Church NSW
- RSCM Queensland Open Day: 21 April
- Notice of the passing of Colin Brumby
- Peter Godfrey Memorial Service
- St John’s Cathedral Chorister Scholarships
- 10 Tips for Starting a Children’s Choir at your Church – by Judy Fromyhr