|Welcome to the website of the Royal School of Church Music (RSCM) Australia.
We are an interdenominational educational organisation for church musicians.
Our members are church choirs, choristers, clergy, organists and other musicians.
This site contains information about:
RSCM Australia is part of the worldwide network of the RSCM, and we have particularly close links and co-operation with our colleagues in RSCM New Zealand.
Are you an organist? Do you play regularly or have you not played for a while? These sessions are for you!
RSCM is committed to assisting church musicians at every level, and these workshops are designed to equip intermediate and/or advanced organists with skills in playing hymns, voluntaries and improvisation. These workshops will be of interest to organists who wish to improve or reinforce their skills. You may be renewing your acquaintance after time away, or you may already be playing for services regularly.
Workshops will be conducted by Dr Phillip Gearing, Director of Music at St Mary’s Anglican Church, Kangaroo Point. He has had extensive experience in liturgical music and as a teacher.
The first workshop is taking place at Nazareth Lutheran Church, Woolloongabba on Saturday 7 July from 9am -11am. There will be a further five workshops in the series occurring over a three month period at times most convenient for those registered.
RSCM Members & Friends – $120
Non-RSCM Members – $180 (includes membership)
RSCM does offer scholarships in some circumstances.
Please contact us if you would like more information.
- Position Vacant: Director of Music, Christ Church St Lawrence
- Position Vacant: Organist, West Epping Uniting Church NSW
- RSCM Queensland Open Day: 21 April
- Notice of the passing of Colin Brumby
- Peter Godfrey Memorial Service
- St John’s Cathedral Chorister Scholarships
- 10 Tips for Starting a Children’s Choir at your Church – by Judy Fromyhr
- 10 Tips for Spicing up your Hymn Playing – Dr Steven Nisbet
- Tips for Playing Organ Pedals – Dr Robert Boughen OBE