|Welcome to the website of the Royal School of Church Music (RSCM) Australia.
We are an interdenominational educational organisation for church musicians.
Our members are church choirs, choristers, clergy, organists and other musicians.
This site contains information about:
RSCM Australia is part of the worldwide network of the RSCM, and we have particularly close links and co-operation with our colleagues in RSCM New Zealand.
In memory of Angela Livingston and Michael Robinson
In memory of two members of the congregation who had a particular love for the
choral tradition, St Mark’s Darling Point proposes to offer an Organ Scholarship, to
the value of $7,000 p.a. The term of the scholarship is for three years maximum,
subject to annual review by the Rector and the Church Wardens of St Mark’s.
The recipient of the Scholarship would be:
- A professing Christian (references from a minister required)
- A gifted organist who is intending to pursue a musical career, and is pursuing
studies to that effect
The Scholar would be required to:
- Play the organ at the 8am service and, when required, at the 10am service
- Rehearse with the choir as needed
- Give an annual organ recital at St Mark’s
- Participate as requested in concert programmes at St Mark’s
The Scholar may also play at weddings and funerals, and may be separately
renumerated for this work.
The Scholarship will be awarded by interview and audition. The Rector, the Director
of Music, and one of the Church Wardens form the awarding committee.
Applicants should supply a letter explaining why they would like to receive the
scholarship, with musical and spiritual references. A short-list will be made from
Applications should be emailed to – email@example.com
Applications close Friday November 2, 2018.
- National Launch of the Ralph Morton Memorial Fund in Brisbane
- News of RSCM Winter School, Sydney, 2019
- Calling Queensland organists of all abilities: Organ workshops kick off soon!
- Position Vacant: Director of Music, Christ Church St Lawrence
- Position Vacant: Organist, West Epping Uniting Church NSW
- RSCM Queensland Open Day: 21 April
- Notice of the passing of Colin Brumby
- Peter Godfrey Memorial Service
- St John’s Cathedral Chorister Scholarships