|Welcome to the website of the Royal School of Church Music (RSCM) Australia.
We are an interdenominational educational organisation for church musicians.
Our members are church choirs, choristers, clergy, organists and other musicians.
This site contains information about:
RSCM Australia is part of the worldwide network of the RSCM, and we have particularly close links and co-operation with our colleagues in RSCM New Zealand.
NSW Chair, Ross Cobb, writes in the NSW newsletter Newsclef (July 2018):
Running from July 6-14 2019, and assembled from across Australia and New Zealand, our celebration of all things wonderful in church music will be led by:
- our old friend, the inspiring Dr David Hill, Director of London’s Bach Choir and Yale University’s Schola Cantorum;
- London’s pre-eminent church musician, Professor Noel Tredinnick from the Guildhall School of Music;
- Dr Stephen Cleobury, Director of the Choir of King’s College Cambridge;
- Anne Marsden Thomas, director of the Royal College of Organists’ training programme;
- St Eustache Paris’ Maître Thomas Ospital,
with many other experts from round the world, and with the National Youth Choir of Australia (NYCA) as ensemble-in-residence.
All participants will sing in the performance of Bach’s immortal ‘St Matthew Passion’…conducted by Dr David Hill.
Throughout the week, lecture-demonstrations, services, seminars, recitals, ‘flash choirs’, workshops, and concerts will be held in our finest churches and Cathedrals. Come and sing Evensongs with King’s College Cambridge’s Stephen Cleobury.”
Exciting stuff, indeed! Stay tuned for more information. RSCM members can read more in the Newsclef magazine, linked in the Members page.
- Calling Queensland organists of all abilities: Organ workshops kick off soon!
- Position Vacant: Director of Music, Christ Church St Lawrence
- Position Vacant: Organist, West Epping Uniting Church NSW
- RSCM Queensland Open Day: 21 April
- Notice of the passing of Colin Brumby
- Peter Godfrey Memorial Service
- St John’s Cathedral Chorister Scholarships
- 10 Tips for Starting a Children’s Choir at your Church – by Judy Fromyhr
- 10 Tips for Spicing up your Hymn Playing – Dr Steven Nisbet