|Welcome to the website of the Royal School of Church Music (RSCM) Australia.
We are an interdenominational educational organisation for church musicians.
Our members are church choirs, choristers, clergy, organists and other musicians.
This site contains information about:
RSCM Australia is part of the worldwide network of the RSCM, and we have particularly close links and co-operation with our colleagues in RSCM New Zealand.
The Anglican Parish of Christ Church St Laurence, Sydney seeks to appoint a suitably qualified and experienced Director of Music. The position will become vacant in September 2018. Christ Church St Laurence is renowned throughout the Anglican Communion for the quality of its music and liturgy. The Parish Choir sings a wide range of repertoire, has undertaken several international tours, and has produced a number of acclaimed commercial recordings of sacred music.
The Director of Music is responsible for training and conducting the choir, planning repertoire in consultation with the Rector and music staff, and the ongoing development of a large and vibrant music programme. The music department includes a professional organist, organ scholar, choral scholars and a choir management team.
The position of Director of Music is a part-time appointment, equating to approximately 3 days per week. Stipend, conditions and a detailed position description are available on request. Applications and expressions of interest may be e-mailed to the Rector, The Rev’d Dr Daniel Dries fr.danielccsl.org.au or telephone 02 9211 0560 for more information. Applications close Monday 25 June 2018.
- Position Vacant: Organist, West Epping Uniting Church NSW
- RSCM Queensland Open Day: 21 April
- Notice of the passing of Colin Brumby
- Peter Godfrey Memorial Service
- St John’s Cathedral Chorister Scholarships
- 10 Tips for Starting a Children’s Choir at your Church – by Judy Fromyhr
- 10 Tips for Spicing up your Hymn Playing – Dr Steven Nisbet
- Tips for Playing Organ Pedals – Dr Robert Boughen OBE
- 10 Tips for Purchasing a New Church Sound System – by Darien Nagle